Our Offerings at a Glance
- Computers in some Classrooms
- Swimming Activities (Summer)
- Thematic Activities
- Vouchers Accepted (D.C.)
- Summer Enrichment Camp/Seasonal Camps
- Field Trips (Educational & Recreational)
- Nursery (2 year olds) and Preschool (3 -4 year olds) Programs
- Before & After School Program (4–12 years)
- Structured Academic Curriculum (HighReach/ABEKA)Infant/Toddler Program (6 weeks-24 months)
- Music, Art, & Science incorporated into the Curriculum(2 - 4 year olds)
- OSSE Department of Health Licensed, DHS Approved
School Year Program
The C.H.I.L.D. Center offers an educational, hands-on curriculum designed for ages toddler to 5 years. This program operates from August through June.
Before & After School Program
This program is designed for ages 4 through 12 and operates from August to June. It includes a homework hour and structured activities.
Seasonal Camps/Summer Enrichment Program
Seasonal camps are 1 week during Christmas and Spring Break. The summer program is considered a thematic enrichment camp. It operates approximately 8-10 weeks, from June until August.
The C.H.I.L.D. Center provides breakfast, a catered lunch, PM snacks. These meals meet the nutritional guidelines established by the USDA.
The C.H.I.L.D. Center has an educational-based hands on curriculum designed to meet the developmental needs of each age group. A planned curriculum for the toddler through 4-year-old groups include:
- Outdoor & Social Play
- Music & Art Activities
- Science Activities
- Cooking Experiences
- Field Trips
- Cultural Activities
- Dramatic Play
- Reading Readiness
- Math Readiness
- Language Development
- Creative Activities
- Health & Nutrition
- Social Learning Experiences
- Social Studies Activities
These programs include daily activities (language development and social skills), peer interaction, and outdoor exploration.